Surewire Ltd is a family owned company operating in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. The pre-wired lighting junction box concept was invented by Phillip Thompson, Director of Surewire Ltd.
Surewire are pre-wired maintenance free lighting junction boxes that have been designed and developed to be a replacement for single junction boxes, the loop-in ceiling rose system and downlighter junction boxes.
They aim to be the new standard for wiring a lighting circuit.
Surewire junction boxes dramatically make the wiring of a lighting system, less time consuming, simpler, modular and cheaper. All cables can be cut and stripped to the same length with most wiring completed on the first fix and just one cable to wire at the light on the second fix.
Our products are rated to 16A 250V and approved to BS EN 60670-22. They can be used for all lighting systems in domestic, commercial and industrial premises. All of our products and design are patented and the reference is GB2496683.
During product development, a screw terminal version of the Surewire Pre-wired Light and Switch Junction Box was submitted and shortlisted as finalists in the Electrical Industry Awards 2012 in 2 categories:
• Innovative Commercial/Industrial Product of the Year
• Innovative Residential/Domestic Product of the Year
The judging panel included many areas of the electrical industry including:
• JIB – Joint Industry Board for the Electrical Contracting Industry
• ECA – Electrical Contractors Association
• BEAMA – British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers Association
• NICEIC – National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting
• NAPIT – National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers
• ESC – Electrical Safety Council
It was a great achievement to be selected as finalists in these categories and shows what the industry thinks of the Surewire products. Feedback from the awards and changes in the wiring regulations made us replace the screw terminals with maintenance free terminals for product launch. This has enhanced Surewire further by making it not just the only product on the market which is pre-wired but one of only a few junction boxes which are maintenance free and comply with the latest wiring regulations.