The SW6S-MF is a Surewire pre-wired maintenance free lighting spur junction box.
Each model has a number of power connections.
SW6S-MF has 6 power connections. Any connection can be used for the power input and the remaining connections are power outputs. These products can be used for multiple lighting systems and downlights.
For multiple lighting systems the Surewire lighting spur junction box can be used to divert power to various locations and connected to the Surewire light and switch or Surewire multiple light and switch junction boxes. For multiple downlights the Surewire lighting spur junction box can be connected to the light connection of a Surewire light and switch junction box to create multiple light connections.
- Easy to wire and maintain
- Less complicated saving time and effort
- Reduces the number of terminal connections
- All connections are cut and stripped to the same length
- Modular and integrates into any system
- All cables are strain relieved
- Can be used in domestic, commercial and industrial premises
- Rated to 16A 250V
- Approved to BS EN 60670-22
- Surewire is very simple to wire with the circuit pre-determined and clearly marked on the box.
- Each wire has its own terminal connection which is best practice.
- Any maintenance or adding additional light switches and light connections is very simple.
- The lids have recessed areas where stickers or tape can be fixed to identify the light location.
- Screws in the lid are retainable so you don’t lose them when the lid is removed.
- The box has cut out tabs so no connection is left open if it’s not being used.
- Securing holes in the box base are spaced so it can be secured easily to a standard 3” beam.
- If a light connection is no longer required, simply remove the connection. No rewiring required.
|SW6S-MF||6way Pre-wired Maintenance Free Lighting Spur Junction Box||6 power connections||16A||L137 x W135 x D22mm|
|P1, P2... = Power 1 connection, Power 2 connection...|
|Inner box annotations|
|P1, P2... = Power 1 connection, Power 2 connection...
L = Live connection
E = Earth connection
N = Neutral connection
|Cut and remove breakouts on base as required
Press terminal to insert or remove conductor
Conductor size 0.5mm² to 1.5mm² solid or stranded
Cable strip length 10mm
Maximum number of conductors per unit:
Maximum 1 conductor per terminal
Test point located on top of each terminal
How to install
For multiple lighting systems, one cable goes from the consumer unit to any P connection on the junction box and then cables go from any of the remaining P connections on the junction box to create multiple power outputs.
For downlights, the light power cable from any lighting system goes to any P connection on the junction box and then cables go from any of the remaining P connections on the junction box to the required number of downlights.
If more power connections or downlights are required then another Surewire junction box can be added in series.