We have selected a standard room which originally had a loop-in ceiling rose and has now been replaced with 6 downlights. The 2 wiring systems shown are the:
- Downlighter junction box wiring system
- Surewire multiple light and switch wiring system
Click on the buttons below to see the various comparison diagrams.
Surewire Multiple Light and Switch Wiring System
The 2 power cables and switch cable from the loop-in ceiling rose are wired into the Surewire junction box. This reinstates the radial power and switch circuit and then cables can be wired at the light connections in the Surewire junction box to the required number of downlights.
- 1 SW7ML-MF Surewire 7way pre-wired maintenance free multiple light and switch junction box
- 45 core connections
- Wires cut to the same length
- Junction boxes and connections in one location
Downlighter Junction Box Wiring System
The electrician will first have to wire the 2 power cables and switch cable from the loop-in ceiling rose into a downlighter junction box and wire in a light power cable to that junction box that can be laid at the position of each downlight. The electrician makes a hole within the ceiling, finds and pulls the cable through, splits the cable and wires both ends into the downlighter junction boxes. They then wire the downlights to the junction box before pushing the junction box into the ceiling cavity.
- 7 downlighter junction boxes
- 51 core connections
- Wires cut to a variety of different lengths
- Junction boxes and connections in various locations