Single Junction Box Spur System
- This is an example of the single junction box spur system.
- One cable brings power in and the other 3 cables take power out.
- All wires are cut to a variety of different lengths.
- Cables are not strain relieved.
Downlighter Junction Box System
- This is an example of a downlighter junction box.
- One cable brings power in, one cable takes power out and one cable goes to the downlight.
- Wiring can be time consuming with 3 cables to strip, bend and wire with limited space available.
- All wiring has to be done above head height which isn’t good ergonomics for the electrician leading to neck and arm strains.
- Most wiring is completed on the second fix.